Sunday 8 June 2014

Ooops! Long time no post.

I didn't realise I hadn't posted here for over a month. I have been busy, what with learning how to use my new camera and doing the Start to Finish course with Kim Klassen. I've bought myself a new prime lens. A 50mm f1.8 lens and it's brilliant for shallow depth of field Still Life's. Still need lots of practice yet but I WILL get there. Lots to learn. F stops, ISOs, depth of field, auto focus versus manual focus modes. Just so much. I can now alter f stops and ISO without consulting the manual. :-)

Anyway, I managed to take this shot using the new lens. I used f1.8 on these wisterias and love the blurred, almost painterly feel to the background. On the whole I'm very pleased with it. Off to play some more.

Be love, be light.
 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have learnt very quickly to use your lovely new lens thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Your comments are always welcome.