Thursday 2 April 2015

AWAKE!

Well, I really can't believe it has been so many weeks since I last updated my blog. I've moved house, totally redecorated the new house, had a massive clearout of old, unwanted items or things that no longer serve my purpose. The charity shops just love me at the moment.

I find that having too many crafts that I want to do actually leads to stagnation. I feel torn between them all, guilty because I can't do them all so instead of actually being crafty and creating I don't actually achieve or do anything. Unfinished things have been passed onto somebody who wants to finish them, supplies have been passed to those who can use them. I'm not finished yet but it does feel like a weight is being lifted off my shoulders.

At the beginning of the year I made a vow to learn something new everyday and to create something everyday. It might be as simple as a cake, a plant planted in a pot or container, or better still my digital art.

In January, I also enrolled on a course by Sebastian Michaels called AWAKE - Living the (Photo)-Artistic Life. I have done his previous course and learnt so much but AWAKE is proving to be so very inspiring.

To be honest, this last 12 months for me have been one of the darkest moments in my life, ever but thanks to Sebastian and his unwavering belief in me and my creative abilities, I have kept going. Creating, learning and making art. I am now out the other side and I feel great. Still small hiccups now and again and days where my creative mojo goes AWOL but mostly I'm good and living a photo artistic life.

I'd like to share a few images I've done recently and not so recently.

Just playing with layers and blend modes to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Your comments are always welcome.